Several foot issues can be inherited by your kids. There are things which can be done to help reduce the effect of this on your children.
littleSTEPS® are pre-fabricated foot orthoses specifically designed for kids. littleSTEPS® provide an affordable alternative to expensive custom foot orthoses while delivering a prescription based correction. This promotes earlier intervention and treatment of many musculoskeletal conditions common to children. Sizing ranges from a toddlers 8.5 through child’s size 6 (euro sizes 25-38), suiting most kids teens.
littleSTEPS are designed to improve:
- Flat Feet
What makes littleSTEPS® unique?
littleSTEPS® provide the same functional foot control found in prescription foot orthoses. Some of these features are:
- The most affordable pre-fabricated foot orthotic on the market.
- An ultra deep heel cup to maximize rearfoot control and realign the Achilles tendon.
- Excellent arch support with a deep flare to assure both comfort and correction.
- A unique thermoplastic compound which has a combination of strength and a “soft-edge” feel for patient comfort.
- littleSTEPS® are durable and easy to clean with soap and water.
- Fit in most standard athletic shoes.
Is there a break-in period?
Yes. Most patients should be able to gradually increase their wear time over a 7-10 day period. This begins with normal activity and gradually works towards more strenuous activities, such as sports. It is recommended that all foot orthoses be worn with socks to avoid blisters.
Should I consider additional pairs of littleSTEPS® orthoses?
Most often, one pair of orthoses will suffice; however, having additional pairs offers the convenience of not having to move them from shoe to shoe.
Check out this article from the AUTM newsletter: